Wednesday, 14 October 2015

100 Years of Wedding Dresses

Hi Everyone, 

Thought I'd post something I've just seen on my Facebook feed while on my lunch break.
And as I've just attended my fourth (and final!) wedding this year...

100 Years of Wedding Dresses


Lovely to see the changing in bridal styles throughout the years. My favourite is the 1925 wedding dress - just gorgeous! I have to say I'm not sure about the 1945 dress. In my experience, a lot of wartime brides wore suits or very simple dresses due to wartime rationing - so there wouldn't be masses of layers or skirts. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong!)
I've also heard of wartime brides using parachute silk to make their dresses!

I got to see and work with a lot of vintage dresses while I did a work placement at Hope House Costume Museum whilst I was at university, such a huge variety of shapes and styles!
I have hundreds of photos from my time there but I only have the two below to hand!




I also have an on-going Pinterest board Wedding Dress History for all those lovely bridal images throughout the decades. Click here to have a look.

I'm off on a bit of an adventure for the next few weeks so there will be no posts from me for a while. 
I will post some updates of my travels on Instagram if I get a chance, I'm @emmayouens if you want a peek. I also promise to FINALLY finish the Wardrobe Architect series.

So until then... speak soon my friends! :)

Em x